Maia Nebula!

The world is sick, but my smile is intact.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Silk

Indescribable beauty. Words being woven together like threads of silk to talk about silk. It's hard to recover from this shock, so much beauty contained in 90 pages or so. It came in a bright green envelope, postmarked from Sweden. I can't even write properly about it.

I devoured the book in about an hour. After I turned the last page and met that blank stare from the book that ended, I sat in silence in my room, images still dancing in my head. Paths and forests and eyes that meet. Eyes that meet. I've wandered those streets, I've heard those trees sing the wind. And yet they've been rendered magical by a hand thousands of kilometers away. I'm astounded.

Will I ever be able to ignite sparks from words like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home