Maia Nebula!

The world is sick, but my smile is intact.

Monday, September 15, 2003

TFF!

1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?
Laura Camila Acosta Amín is exactly the same. Olavia Kite was a later addition, or rather than that, an alternative.

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
I would be called Jessica or Brittany. HAHAHAHA GOTCHA!!! By no means I would change my name... except if the Acosta-Amín were to change to Honda.

3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)
Okay, here it goes. My mom was a diehard fan of Little House on the Prairie, and her favorite character was Laura Ingalls. Don't laugh. It's serious. I found out many years later that Laura Ingalls Wilder was a writer, so I'm proud of that. On the other side, my paternal grandparents always wanted to have a daughter named Camila, but they didn't have another daughter after my aunt, I think, so I got to be Laura Camila. I love my name.
If you want to know why I'm Olavia as well,... it just popped up in my mind. I was going to use it for a character on the next story I wrote, but I ended up adding the last name Kite after the Beatles song Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! , and I liked it so much I adopted it for myself. I even have a fountain pen with the name engraved.

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?
I met people with super cool names in Dubuque Iowa. Here are some examples:
Minori Honda, Kotaro Takizawa, Foo Chi Tao, James Pollock, Brian Ellis, Mary Ask, Kaoru Maeda, Yusuke Kanaguchi, Yoichi Shimizu, Ryan Hanlon, Andy Rosenbaum, Matthew Parsons,... I'll keep adding if I remember. Some of these people weren't really nice (like Mary Ask), but the names are still cool.
Oh, and I hate the name Carlos.

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com / triggur.org / astroexpert accurate? How or how isn't it?
Well I don't believe in that stuff...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home