Maia Nebula!

The world is sick, but my smile is intact.

Saturday, July 05, 2003

Stalkers Go Home

Today I'll answer a Friday Five and Las 5 del viernes. Yeah I have nothing better to do, maybe, but I love answering questions. Good questions. No, I don't like answering somebody's sick and pervert questions, and I hate being harassed by sick and pervert people who throw away all their writing talent to talk about absolutely disgusting things I'm not interested in by any means. No, I do NOT feel any interest towards sick sexual topics. Stalkers go home.

1. What were your favorite childhood stories?
I've always loved my grandfather's childhood memories. His life has been so interesting that I've never given up listening to what he's got to tell. On the other side, I have a clear memory of my father's twisted version of Little Red Riding Hood, in which she took a taxi and other cool stuff... It invited me to write stories that were new and unpredictable. And apart from that... when I was a kid I read pretty much everything. I sort of still do.

2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children?
My grandpa's stories, and well, all my books... I want my children to be good readers, to get a broad perspective of the world.

3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything?
Hm... no... I just get to understand a lot of new things whenever I reread books... Oh and the Baby Sitters Club were my literary crush when I was eleven, and later I thought they

4. How old were you when you first learned to read?
Three years old.

5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you?
Cien años de soledad, by Gabriel García Márquez. I think I was eleven or twelve years old.

That's it in English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home